Mexican cuisine today represents Mexican culture, history and diversity. It was declared Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. Want to discover why? Come and try our products!
Facts about Mexican Cuisine
1. Every state in Mexico has its unique flavours and spices, different taco fillings and salsas, and varied ingredients and colors (we have 32 states).
2. Though Mexican Cuisine has been perceived to be hot and spicy, the truth is that everyone in Mexico decides how hot they want their tacos.
3. There are at least 50 different types of chilli peppers and 64 types of maiz.
4. Mexico gave to the world the delicious cacao (the base for chocolate, the vanilla (essential for many desserts), the avocado, the maiz, the tomato (yes, it comes from Mexico!), the beans, the prickly pear cactus, the healthy chia, and even resin used for manufacturing chewing gum.
5. Mexico invented tequila & mezcal.
This is why Mexican cuisine is something you must try right away.
If you enjoy a taco night, we recommend that you explore further and try some authentic Mexican food...