Traditional Mexican Enmoladas Recipe
Here we show you how to prepare one of the easiest and most delicious way of preparing the mole using mexicoinstore.com.au ingredients. You will love it.
Enmoladas in one of the most common, easy to make and delicious way to use the mole and prepare a typical Mexican dish, it can be prepared with almos any type of mole, the most common are Black Mole, Red Mole and Coloradito Mole as the sauce for your delicious enmoladas, and they can be filled with chicken or cheese.
2 chicken breast or 4 chicken drum sticks
1 bag of Mole Rysdo (80gr)
600ml of water
1 branch of celery
1 garlic clove
¼ of onion thinly sliced
10 corn tortillas (14-15 cm diameter)
4 table spoons Vegetable oil
Mexican fresh crumbled cheese (Could be replaced by ricotta or parmesan cheese)
½ Onion thinly sliced
Sour Cream (optional)
- First you will need to prepare the mole by cooking the chicken in the water together with the celery, garlic and onion. Leave it boil for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is soft, removing with a spoon the hard foam produced by the chicken during cooking. use a fork to test the tender of the chicken, it should be introduced easily in the meat.
- Once the broth is ready remove the onion, garlic clove and celery.
- Take the chicken out of the broth too and shred it.
- Add the content of the Mole bag to 500ml water and leave it boil from 3-5 mins.
- You will need two frying pans. Place the mole sauce in one of the frying pans and set over medium low heat (if the casserole used for preparing the mole is wider than the tortilla and allows you to use a gripper, you can use the casserole instead) . Have a plate covered with paper towels ready.
- Meanwhile, add the vegetable oil in the other frying pan and turn the heat to high. Once the oil is hot, turn down the heat to medium and start frying the tortillas in a fast pace, turning once. The tortilla should turn soft but without any excess oil. Place the tortillas over the paper towel-covered plate to absorb the oil. Keep them warm.
- After frying all the tortillas, dip them one by one with the help of kitchen tongs (or your hand and a large spatula) into the warm mole sauce, making sure it is completely submerged. This is also a step that is done quickly, to avoid breaking the tortillas.
- Place the tortilla on a plate and add the chicken filling right at the center.
- Fold the tortilla and, with the help of your spatula, place the enmolada on your serving plates. If needed, spoon some more mole sauce over the enmoladas.
- After finishing preparing all the enmoladas, you can poor the rest of the mole on the enmoladas.
- Poor some sour cream on the enmoladas (optional).
- Just before serving, garnish with the crumbled cheese and finely sliced onions, and poor some sour cream on the enmoladas.